


HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!
It seems like only a year ago we were celebrating your birthday, and now we're doing it again, how time flies haha. Love you tons tons tons and hope you have an awesome day!!
So for the big news here: drumroll.........I'm still here in Molina hahahahaah, so that's two transfers in a row that I’ve said goodbye to people and I’m not actually leaving. I think I’ll stop saying goodbye now. Elder Lopez is going to Talca as Zone Leader, and I’m staying here. The funny part is that everyone in the ward was telling him that he was leaving and that I was staying, but honestly we didn’t think that was even possible, but it happened. The cool news is that I talked with President Humphrey last night, and I get to go to Concepcion tomorrow to pick up my new greenie companion. I'M TRAINING!!!! I was way excited to hear that, and I finally have total control of the cell phone cuz I’m Senior comp!! Dream come true. It's going to be really weird to walk into the Chapel in Concepcion where as a newby I first met Elder Viana, but now the role is reversed. Nostalgia ( I have no idea how to spell that, or if that's even a word) but it'll be a weird experience cuz it feels like yesterday that I arrived here in Chile. Time goes by way too fast.
As for the new investigators, we don't have too many. We found several good people last week, but we didn't find them again for the return appointment, always a disappointing thing. We are teaching a great family that lives close to Sebastian. The parents, Juan and Alejandra are both members. They were baptized in Santiago as little kids and have been inactive for a while. They have a son named Jorge that is 10 years old that we are preparing to be baptized. They really want to establish a good home, and get closer to God. They've had a pretty rough life due to bad choices. They're 25 years old and have three kids, so the home is pretty crazy, but they're great. They have two daughters, one that's two years old and another that's one. Their one-year-old daughter loves me and doesn't want to be held by anyone else. She gets the biggest grin on her face when she sees us and runs and holds out her hand so we can shake it. They've attended church twice and really like everything we teach. Juan was really interested when we talked about the Priesthood and the blessing it is in the home. They want to work to get to the temple, but need to get married legally first, and so we're going to have to work patiently with them.
Yesterday was a crazy experience. Our Chapel is being remodeled, just like what happened when I was in Talca. Apparently I destroy every chapel where I go haha. Anyways now we are having meetings in the house next door. It's a beautiful white, old home, with grape vines and fruit trees everywhere. It was a little crazy having classes and having to listen to everybody else's class at the same time, but we made it work. Nobody knew what room they had to go to for their class, so it was a bit crazy. We held sacrament meeting outside in the yard, with grape vines overhead. It was really pretty but really really hot. I was dying, having to wear my suit and was sitting directly under the sun. Joana and Sebastian came to church and they want to be more dedicated as they fell a little bit over the last two weeks. Camilo hasn't been for a while, he went to Stake Conference last week, but that's about it for the last month. It's frustrating but we're going to work hard with the ward leaders, so there's more cooperation between the missionary work and the ward. Everybody else is doing well. Jose Olivera, David, and Carmen all received the Gift of the Holy Ghost yesterday, and I felt the spirit so strong, and had my testimony strengthened that we are doing the work of the Lord. What I love about the Gospel compared to the world, is that everyone outside of the gospel wants fireworks and explosive moments, but it's the simple, quiet, but strong impressions of the spirit that testify of the truth. That's what I thought yesterday, the Spirit is so soft, but if one pays attention you don't need a stronger answer.
I'm really excited to go to Concepcion tomorrow, especially to see more of Chile. I only know the Talca and Curico areas, so it'll be nice to go down south. I’m also going to see if I can get that package while I’m down there. p.s. thanks for sending that jersey. I was surprised that you guys actually did it, cuz I’m sure it wasn't a cheap purchase.
I'm going to see a few guys from my MTC district that are also training, one is Elder Wilhelm, so I've got some fun stuff coming up.
I was really glad to hear that you guys had fun down in Cali. Those are always always fun trips and it's good that you guys could have a small break from the crazy lives you're all living. I look forward to visiting many a pumpkin patch with you next fall and watching Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin!! I love you all tons and seriously thank our Father in Heaven for all of you. I've felt the spirit many times while thinking of God's plan for His families and the happiness I feel knowing that we're members of his Kingdom and have been sealed for time and all eternity it's the greatest blessing I can imagine. Hope you all have a great week, hopefully BYU can punch Wyoming in the face after they got kicked by TCU haha. (sorry to ruin the email with that random remark) LOVE YOU!!!!
Tanner
No comments:
Post a Comment