Monday, September 12, 2011

Tanner's Last Week!!

So the last week´s here. I kind of can´t believe it and i´m starting to get butterflies, I´m excited and for the first time I´m strangely nervous to be home. I don´t really know what to expect, and I´m not going to be used to having so much attention on me haha. Can´t wait to see you all.
This last week was good on several aspects. I do feel a little tired after two years of work, but I´m trying really hard to stay focused and work to the end. We´ve set up good appointments this week, but a lot of people want us to come over this week to say goodbye, so we´re going to try and keep working even with all the distractions. We taught quite a few lessons, but didn´t find to many new investigators due to not really searching that much. That was my bad, and was a lack of good planning. We´ll try to fix that this week. I feel like I´ve done a lot on my mission, but at the same time I have the feeling that I could´ve done more. I guess that´s how we feel in all things we do, but sometimes it´s unsettling. I often wonder about all the people I´ve taught, baptized, and met in my mission and I wonder what will happen to them, if they´ll continue, and what seeds will be reaped from our work these last two years. I´m trying not to think too much though, and just keep working.
We´ve been having beautiful weather lately. Today we played soccer for about 2 hours and it was fun stuff. I´m in shorts and a t-shirt right now and i´m loving it compared to the freezing wind and rain that we´ve had lately! I feel like i´m rambling, but i don´t really know what to say.
The best part of the week is that Mariela did get baptized, and she asked me to baptize her! It was a great baptism, and even though we had to do it on Saturday because of her work, a lot of members showed up to support. She was confirmed the next day, and to my surprise i was asked by the bishopric to confirm her too. So it was a special baptism for me, and hopefully for her too haha. She and her husband are great and we´ve loved our time teaching them. I really hope that they can continue together and go to the temple someday.
This week coming up is going to be a crazy one. We have a mission conference on Wednesday with a 70, Elder Richards. Then later on that same day we´re going to have a fireside for all investigators and new converts, also with Elder Richards. So Wednesday´s going to be a hectic day. This weekend is also the 18th of September which is the country´s independance day, so i don´t know how much we´ll be able to get done. We´re going to have an awesome ward activity on Saturday, with BBQ, games, and dancing the cueca (the traditional chilean dance) We´re going to try hard to get our investigators there to participate, so that they can meet more members and see another side of the church, and how great it is.
Over these last two years I´ve felt the spirit so much and I´ve received a personal testimony of the truth of this work. THe church really was restored through a prophet. I know this is true because I´ve read the Book of Mormon several times, I´ve compared it to the Bible, and Doctrine and Covenants, and they all support eachother in with a perfect harmony of doctrine that is just awesome. I´ve been able to get on my knees and re confirm this testimony several times on my mission when i´ve felt week, and every time God has answered in a distinct and special way. i can´t wait to be able to use and grow this testimony for the rest of my life and be with all you guys again. I love you all tons and I love this Gospel. I haven´t been a perfect missionary, but I´ve worked hard and I feel that I´ve done my job. The best part is that we can always get bettter. Just when we think that we´ve figured it all out something happens to make us reflect and make changes. That´s the beauty of our time here on earth, it´s a constant process of changing and getting better.
I love you all tons and can´t wait to see you all in a little over a week.
Tanner
p.s. i´ll have next monday in Concepción to write you guys for the last time. I´ll be heading down to conce on Sunday right after church to have my interview with President. Then Monday we´ll have all afternoon to chill in the city and at night we´re having a dinner with President and his wife, and then they´ll send us up to Santiago. Tuesday we´ll spending the morning in Santiago and from what i understand we will be going to the temple, but i´m not sure. Wednesday we´ll land in SLC around 3:00pm and I´ll see you all there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment