Hellooooo
So this week has seemed really long for me, a lot of work, but it was a good one. It´s starting to cool down, one day it was hot and the next was freezing with a lot of wind. We´ve been trying to work really hard and just do better. I´m really starting to be sick of mediocracy, and so we´ve been working harder than ever this last transfer. By the way we´re about half way done with this transfer. Good news for the week: Ivonne was confirmed yesterday aaaaaaand ESTRELLA DE JESUS WAS FINALLY BAPTIZED!!!! Yeah that´s her real name, it translates to Star of Jesus. We have known this girl and her family since December and it´s just been the longest, slowest progress I´ve seen. Her only problem has been that she was nervous and thought that if she joined the church they´d make her be a missionary and send her to another country haha. Anyways she´s kind of an interesting little girl, when we went to interview her for her baptism she told my Zone Leader, Elder Page, that God told her in a dream that she needs to wait to be baptized. We basically told her that that didn´t happen and that God really wants her to be baptized, otherwise it wouldn´t be a commandment sent to all the world. We told her that she was ready and that she only needs to decide to do it. We gave her a baptismal tunic and told her the baptismal font would be filled tomorrow morning which gave her courage. Anyways Elder Viana baptized her, and wahoooo I still can´t believe she got baptized. She was a tough egg to crack.
We also had interviews with President Chavez this week. I feel that lately I´ve progressed a lot, and that I´m starting to really do missionary work rather than just teaching people about Jesus. We talked for a while about how things are going and how I was doing, and it was a great interview. Í feel we´ve been doin good work and we´re excited for the future. Maria José still doesn´t feel too sure about it, but we talked with her and she is just confused about what she should ask and how God will respond. She´s been asking for the guide she needs to find the truth, when she just needs to straight up ask if the Church is true. She also thinks she´ll receive some sign of light or an angel or something, I don´t know but we´ll work with her. We have a few more people who are coming along nicely, they just need to choose to obey the commandments and attend church and they´ll be baptized. If you can pray that Maria will ask the right questions and feel the peace and assurance of the Holy Ghost, pray that Blanca will receive the strength to stop smoking and continue with her desire to be baptized, Paulina that she´ll stop being prideful and accept the will of the Lord and just be baptized this week, Alejandra that she may receive strength to manage her affairs at home so she can attend church, and that Sandra will continue asking with faith and that she can attend church in order to receive an answer that she should be baptized. All these people are really good investigators that just have little problems to overcome in order to be baptized, but they´re awesome and do what we ask them.
Oh yeah this week we found out that our Chapel will be remodeled for the next two months so we won´t be able to use it. We have to attend a chapel farther away, which was really a disappointment cuz we were really upping the attendance numbers in church and now it´s going to be hard to get investigators to attend. Oh well it´s just another test to conquer, hopefully we can keep working and get everyone to attend.
Anyways that´s about all the updates I can think of and again thanks soooo much for the emails and packages and love.
I love you all like crazy
Tanner
p.s. I forgot to tell you that yes i got my package!! I love my snuggie, sleep with it every night, and have been enjoying the treats very much. I was disappointed that no letters from the fam or pics were received! SLACKERS! haha no just kidding I LOVED THE PACKAGE, but i do expect every package in the future to include letters from the kids, including the older ones, and pictures. :) I love you guys and thank you for all you do for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment