Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Dear Mom,

Hey I loved this email, definitely not too long or boring, the littlest bits of news from home entertain me.

Thanks for the pep talk. It made me tear up a bit, and I definitely feel better. It´s weird at how connected you get to these people as you work with them, and when they make decisions that just hurt them, it hurts me a lot. There are definitely rewards in this work and I’ve seen and felt them many times. My work now will bring blessings for the future. I would absolutely love to receive a letter in 40 years saying that one of my convert’s kids is on a mission or something. That would be rewarding.

The weather here is just cold. I might actually need that sleeping bag by the next package, but don´t worry about sending it out really fast, I´m fine for right now. Maria Isabel made me a couple of sweet headbands to keep me warm. A green one that says vans on the front and another in black that has nike on it. I thought that was really cool of her.

I’m jealous that you get to go to the temple, jealous that you got to see the prophet and other general authorities. Not jealous about the splitting open of Cadence´s lip, I already lived through that and I don´t hope to do it again, very painful. And I loved that story about Talmage. That kid´s a dork, but a great one and I miss him a lot! Shoot I miss all you guys a lot 2 YEARS IS LONG TIME!!! haha but I’ll just tough it out and work my butt off to be worthy of all the blessings that will come (hot wife in the future.)

Update here:

We´re still working hard, but it´s been tough lately. The people here seem to be getting more hard hearted and stuck in their traditions. We´ve had more trouble getting into people´s houses but we´ve seen a little success here and there. Also another big test we have here is getting people to church, members and non-members alike. We changed chapels cuz ours is being re-modeled and fixed up, so now we’re attending another chapel farther away and without heating (very cold). Before we made the switch we had 125 people attending, and no fewer than 5 investigators every week in church. Yesterday we had 80 people in church and 1 investigator! This is proving to be a bigger challenge than we first thought, but we´ll just keep working and teaching and the spirit will do the rest. The people just need to understand the doctrine of the Atonement and the Sacrament better.

This is our last week before transfers, and this one went by really fast. I´m ready to be moved. I want a little bit of a change in my routine life. I´ll let you guys know what happens next week when they call us. Last night we broke the rules a little bit and stayed up late and watched a couple of church movies with chips and coke. CRAZY NIGHT FOR THE MISSIONARIES!!!!

Anyways thanks for the emails from everybody, they really helped me out big time here. I definitely feel loved and close to all of you.

Love you tons

Tanner


No comments:

Post a Comment