Monday, May 10, 2010

Good-bye Talca, Hello Molina!























the first picture is Alejandra and her baby, who we baptized my last Sunday in Talca, next is a picture of us with Victor and Paulina our newest investigators and last but not least is Patricia and Maria's family

It really was great to talk to you all yesterday, it sounds like you´re all doing great. Tell the kids to stop thinking their lives are boring, and if they are boring to get up and go do somethin about it. HAVE FUN!! You´ll never have those teenage years again, so make the most of them. It was really fun to be able to talk to you all, but make sure next Christmas Jeff and Chelsi are there to talk too. That was cool to talk to Jardin for two seconds in Spanish haha I remember when I was working with him and he was teaching me some of the very basics of spanish. My how things have changed. That´ll be fun when I get back and we can chat, and everyone else will wonder what we´re saying mwuahahaha!!

Yeah so things are going really good here. We have that investigator I told you about yesterday named Gustavo. He´s just a powerhouse of spirit. Everytime we share with him I feel the spirit sooo strong, it´s an awesome feeling to say something so someone and feel the spirit fill the room, that gives me a lot of confidence to know that what I´m saying is true. We had a little one on one meeting with him on Sunday and told him that he´s one of the best people that we´ve ever taught and that his progression has just been crazy good. We told him that he´s going to have his baptismal interview this week and he could be baptized this Sunday if he wants. He told us that he was really surprised to hear that and when we asked if he felt weird with what we said, he said no, I´m actually happy cuz I thought that I´d need to learn and prepare a lot more to be baptized, but what you guys said makes me feel really peaceful and happy. Sooooo basically he´s golden. He also gave us references for a bunch of his family members, some of which told us that they prayed and that they feel this is right. The only problem has been that it´s been difficult to find them at their house again, so that´s been a little frustrating, but I feel that we´re going to just have an awesome week! There´s another girl named Kiara that already passed her baptismal interview. She´s the niece of the family where we called you guys last night. She´s been living with them for a while because of the earthquake, and the water from the ocean reached up to their house, so to be safer she moved with in with her aunt and uncle. She´s all set to be baptized this Sunday except that she needs to get permission from her mom, who is really Catholic and lives in another place, so Kiara´s a little nervous to ask her permission, but she promised us that she´d do it this week. So if all goes well we will have two baptisms this week. Please pray for Gustavo and Kiara, and their specific needs. (Gustavo just needs protection from opposition and Satan, cuz he´s awesome and wants to be baptized) The weather has actually warmed up a little bit the last two days, but the mornings and nights are still really cold. I actually really like Molina, it´s small but still has that city feel that Talca had. The only problem being that there is sooooo much wine here that everyone is just drunk all the time. Elder Reynolds has said that almost everyone has problems with keeping the word of wisdom when they teach ,so that´s a really big stumbling block here. He has a board of with names on it of people who have attended church, and there´s soooo many. They just either need to get married or stop smoking/drinking....these are what they call here Eternal Investigators. They´ve been hearing from the missionaries for over a year, but just aren´t progressing due to their unwillingness to complete with these commandments. We´re working good, but I think we can work a bit harder, Elder Reynolds is awesome and I´m going to do my part to make this sector better.

That´s about all I can think of right now. I´m happy, having a gringo is fun and I´m learning a lot, we have good investigators, and my family is awesome!

I love all you guys and I´m excited to get that package this week!!

Tanner


No comments:

Post a Comment