Monday, May 3, 2010

Baptism and Transfer

I´ve decided that the Lord knows when we´re down and knows exactly how to lift us back up. You guys really helped me out last week with those emails, and this week has been such a good one and it was a fitting way to end this transfer. We´ve had more success doing contacts and found some really promising people to teach, so that was exciting cuz the area where we´ve been doing contacts has been pure rejection. One day we did contacts for two and a half hours without being able to teach a single person cuz everyone rejected us right away. We had an appointment in 15 minutes so we decided to knock one more door before we stopped doing contacts. We entered the house, taught them the gospel, and found three new investigators. Patience and diligence and the Lord will do the rest.
Yesterday was easily one of the best and most tiring Sundays I´ve had in my life. First off we had 5 investigators come to church and the members were awesome, I´ll explain. For some reason the members here have problems of getting out of their comfort zone and introducing themselves to people, it is something that has bugged me so bad cuz some of our investigators have felt uncomfortable and not welcome. Anyways I told Elder Viana to give his talk on ¨Amor¨ last week. Apparently it took affect cuz all the members greeted and talked with and invited our investigators to sit with them and their family. I can´t tell you how I felt to see our Recent Converts, Investigators, Less Actives, and the normal members all talking and participating together. There is a joy in this work to see the fruit of your labors. In Sunday school we learned about the Covenant of Abraham. It was a great lesson where everyone participated including our investigators. At one point the teacher (wife of the bishop) Hermana Ulloa asked Victor, he´s Paulina´s boyfriend, a question. I don´t remember what she said, but he responded and then later said ¨we´re outside of this covenant, but we want to be part of it¨ I was stunned, but so excited to hear him say that. Afterward Paulina asked him if he really wants to get baptized and he said yeah, we just have to get seperated first. That was a little awkward haha Paulina kinda got mad cuz she wants to marry him but he doesn´t want to. They´re both awesome and I would love to see them get married cuz they have a daughter named Nayaret that is just ridiculously cute. They really look like such a good family, but we´ll see how things go. As long as they get baptized everything else will hopefully take care of itself. Now for the great news of the day DRUMROLL: ALEJANDRA GOT BAPTIZED YESTERDAY!!! It was way cool and I´m pretty sure I haven´t written you guys about her yet, cuz it was kinda unexpected. She hasn´t been able to attend very frequently but always showed interest. She also wasn´t way sure about her baptism, but we had our Zone Leaders come and interview her and she passed, so that gave her a lot more confidence to go through with it. She also choose a member to baptize her which was awesome. His name is Rafael and he´s a 19 year old convert who has one year in the church. He leaves with us all the time to teach people and lives close to Alejandra, so that was way cool that he got to baptize her. Anyways things have been going really good here and there´s definitely a lot of hope for the future here in this ward.
I found out this morning that I´m being transferred tomorrow. I really wasn´t wanting to leave cuz I love Talca, the members, investigators, our recent converts, the city, everything. Oh and our house here is the nicest in the mission so that doesn´t hurt either. Anyways I´m going to a city called Molina. It´s in the zone Curico and is about an hour from Talca. My new comp´s name is Elder Reynolds, a gringo!! That´ll definitley be different seeing as I´ve been with Elder Viana for 6 months. For that reason I can´t tell you right now when or where I´ll be calling for mothers day. I´m going to email you guys later on in the week when I get to my area to give you that info.
Anyways that´s about all the updates that I can think of for now, but if I can think of something else i´ll write more later today! I love you all and thank you for your love, emails, prayers, and PACKAGES!! p.s. I don´t know when I´ll get those packages if you haven´t already sent them off cuz our Mission Conference is next week and that´s usually when we get them, we also have interviews with the President and we can receive packages then, but I don´t know when we´ll have interviews. So I might not get those packages for a while, but that doesn´t matter, I´m grateful for the love and anything that you send my way!
Love you all
Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment