Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Okay so I know that I’m going to forget if I don’t write about this now. I got a letter from Grandma Christenson a couple weeks ago and forgot to say thank you sooooo THANK YOU GRANDMA!!!!! haha love you tons. Also I seriously thank you for the package that you sent it was awesome! So happy to have a camera again and I’m going to take care of this one with my life! As promised I’ve taken quite a few pics already so I’ll send those after! Elder Lopez and I are both wearing our BYU hoodies right now.

They’re very nice and comfortable so thanks for that. One thing I don’t know if I should thank you for is the treats haha. I’ve been trying hard to be good about what I eat, but yesterday killed me. We had a huge lunch, and then we visited a sister in the ward who’s passing through a hard time. She made a cake especially for us the day before, so we ate that and shared a couple scriptures with her family. After that we went to Joanna´s house and ate dinner and cake for a family night. Just so you know lunch started at 3:00 pm and ended at 4:00pm, we went directly to the other house and ate cake at 5:00 pm and had dinner and cake at 6:00 pm.....so I was about to explode and felt gross afterward, but you can’t say no here cuz it’s rude. I stayed up a little later last night knowing today is P Day, and you know that 12:00 am gives you the munchies so I ended the day eating double stuffed oreos, pringles, and a glass of milk. I was disappointed with myself, but I did do sit ups before I went to bed.

Sad news to hear about stupid Nestle...what a dork. I really was hoping to be able to see the mutt again after the mish, but it’s not looking too good. I’m just going to say that a puppy won’t replace the Nestle, but it will help haha. Also a big congrats to Amy for passing the Braces stage of life. I remember being so happy afterward; remember to wear your retainer so you don’t lose all that work!! That was cool too to hear about Jeff’s sister getting married in the temple!! Awesome news cuz that’s such an important step, send them my congrats. Now onto news from Chile...

We had a baptism yesterday!!!! Elder Lopez baptized Sebastian and it was a great day. We had a family night with them last night and with some youth from the ward. The youth really are great here and they support each other, and are a good strength. Oh yeah your email reminded me that two night’s ago I actually used that quote I said when I was 4 years old about ¨3 against 1.¨ in a lesson with Sebastian and Joanna. Joanna was telling Sebastian that Satan is not happy with the decision he’s making and will attack and tempt him even more now, she said that she made so many changes to start following God that Satan was not happy about losing her soul, so he attacked her really strongly this week, and that she knows that’s the reason. She’s determined to be better, and be an example for her kids, and wants to return to God. That’s why I used that example. I told them that it’s true that Satan attacks those that are doing the right things, but that God is on our side.

Joanna´s doing better, and is making progress. She explained to us that she really didn’t try to kill herself, she just wanted to rest and sleep. She didn’t realize until afterward in the hospital how serious it was and that kind of affected her, but she told us she’s grateful that Heavenly Father gave her a second chance and that she’s not going to mess up this time, so we’re happy for her. Danitza is still a no show, she didn’t even come to her brother’s baptism. We were disappointed with that, she’s kind of immature, and I’m frustrated, but we’ll just keep trying to get contact with her and help her progress. She’s still not living with her family right now because the psychiatrist says that’s what’s best right now, so it’s been hard to get a hold of her. Our Zone leaders came up this week and interviewed her and she said she wants to be baptized this Sunday, and that she wants me to do it, but she’s not doing the right things to make that a reality. Pray for her that she can stop hiding and that we can continue teaching her.

Camilo is doing better. We’re still worried about him cuz he’s still not reading the Book of Mormon, but he came to church with his sister, even though he did show up really late. The bishop talked with him and explained more, and re-invited him to put a sincere study with prayer to know that this is true. He said the opening prayer for Sebastian’s baptism and thanked God for having another person come to the true church (we’re hopin that’s a good sign)

As for other people we’re teaching....there are none ha. We’re doing a lot of looking and contacting and are hoping that it will bring future results soon. We practically started over when Elder Lopez got here, so we’re just going to have to do it again. God led us to Joanna´s family, so we’ll just work and wait until it happens again. Fasting and prayer, patience and hard work, that’s what we’ll have to do and we’ll find more people.

Sorry that I don’t have much to write this week, but it wasn’t too full of news. The baptism was definitely the highlight of the week, and I realized that since I got here to Molina we’ve baptized every month! This is after Elder Reynolds going 5 months without a baptism here. I know it’s not me doing the work, but I’m glad that God is using me as his instrument, and that we’re helping the ward, and His children.

I love you all tonnnnnns and thank you a million times for all you do. I’m really proud of the hard work you’re all doing to complete with callings, and temple work, and everything else that’s going on in your lives. Keep it up!

Love you and talk to you in a week!

Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment