Tuesday, August 24, 2010

WOW time goes by fast! Summer has already blown by and the kiddies are headin back to school. I remember before the mish that summer seemed way long, but I’ve already been here in Molina for 4 months and it’s blown by. Sounds like you guys have had a really fun week shopping, dad getting a job, hangin in SLC, going to a wedding, and everything y’all did. We had a family last night with an inactive family that wants to come back to church, and we played UNO with them, it made me miss playing cards with you guys cuz these Chilenos have no idea how to play haha. I definitely look forward to and promise to play more cards with you guys when I get back!!! That is seriously insane that Andrew Bangerter is already coming home!!! Wow I still remember sitting at a AF football game with him and all our buddies and he was saying that he was leaving on the mish in a week. I made fun of him that he was going to miss the whole football season, but now he can make fun of me!!! You guys´ll have to take pics with him and send them to me, and tell him a big HOLA! from Chile and that I love and miss him. Also I don’t know if you’ll go to Jake Murphy’s homecoming or see him, but if you do give him a shout out from me! I love those two kids. Well I have a little over 11 months on the mission haha I’m still considered a newby here, but it’s going by soooooo fast seriously, the time flies here and I’ll be seeing you all shortly. As you can tell, you telling me that they’re coming home has made me a little Trunky (I don’t know if they used that word when Jardin served, but it means excited to go home haha) but don’t worry I love the mish and everything about it, but a good missionary can be excited about seeing his family in a little over a year as well haha.

This week was a normal one, we’re working, but having trouble using our time well and finding new people. Sebastian got baptized like you all know, and so now we have nobody to teach. We’ve been knocking on a lot of doors, and finding A TON of inactive members. That’s what it’s like here in Chile everyone is an inactive member. The good news is a lot of them live with non-members, so we’re going to keep working with them to try to unite the family in the kingdom of God! Doing so many contacts is a little frustrating at times and requires a lot of patience, but at the same time super rewarding when you’ve knocked 50 houses without success and then someone lets you in and it’s a spiritual and powerful experience (I’m sure dad had it worse doing contacts over in Europe)

Camilo is doing better. The bishop talked with him and said that he solved his concerns and doubts, and he showed up to church with a white shirt (one that I had given him) and a tie. It was the first time that he’d used these things so I was happy to see it, and took it as a good sign. He’ll bless the sacrament next Sunday. The youth has really helped us out a lot with everything, playing soccer and calling our investigators and recent converts to go play, mutual activities, everything’s been great. There’s definitely more unity there than when I arrived, and it’s been fun to see.

As my time comes to a close here in Molina everyone’s been telling me how much they’ll miss me and have been inviting us over to their house to eat and stuff haha. Its hard cuz we’re wanting to work hard and find people and teach them, but that leaves little time for everyone else, so some members and others have gotten kinda mad that we haven’t passed by their houses. I tell them that I would love to be able to visit everybody, but that it’s impossible. A lot of times I feel bad that we can’t spend more time with families, and it’s often frustrating and difficult to plan our days perfectly, but that’s the life of a missionary. Mom if you could in the next package send those CTR rings that’d be really great and they’d love that I think. I really would love to hear from some more people from back home so on my facebook page if you could re-invite everyone to write me that’d be great (especially the ladies haha)

Today we had a really fun activity with the zone. We went up to Curicó to the stake center and played basketball and soccer in the morning for a couple hours, then watched Toy Story 3 and ate hamburgers and chips with soda afterward. Our zone leaders Elder Jensen and Murillo planned it all and cooked it all, they’re really cool guys and our zone is fun. Elder Jensen goes home in two weeks, which he’s bummed about, but also excited. That’s one hard part about the mission, getting to know so many Elders that are cool and then watching them leave and continue their lives knowing that I’ll probably never see them again, but that’s life I guess. Anyways I’m having a good time here in Molina, but am ready for new things, and dad I agree with you that’d it would be soooo cool to go to the coast and work by the beach. Elder Mayberry (from Talca) wrote me the other week and said the sector he’s in is way cool and that they live two minutes from the beach. That would be my dream haha.

Thanks so much for the pics and emails, I honestly love them! You guys all look great and make me want to sit in my sweats and hoodie on a Sunday afternoon and play some Catan!!! 13 months to go for that hahaha

Love you all tons

Tanner

ps. I forgot my camera cable and so I won’t be able to send any pics this week. I’m soooooo sorry and I hope you’ll forgive me, it just means more pics next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment