This will be my last week here in Molina (I hope haha) We have transfers next Monday and they´ll let us know what happens then, and i´m expecting a transfer and a move on up to be senior comp. I´ll finally have the power and control with the cell phone!!! haha Senior comp´s handle all calls and carry the cell phone with them, and I want it.
To answer your first question, Johanna already is a member. She was baptized when she was 16 and after 28 years being inactive she´s returning full force and loves the church. Danitza unfortunately is not living there anymore, but with her uncles and it´s been way hard to get a hold of her, and she´s being kind of evasive, so I don´t have high hopes there. Its rough cuz she was a for sure baptism before the fight and accident with her mom. Hopefully the Elders will be able to work with her after I leave. As for the weather it´s being decently warm for the last two weeks, but the last three days have been rainy and cloudy and cold. It´s definitely spring weather.
I was a little surprised to hear that you saw missionaries walking down our street. I thought there weren´t missionaries in AF...at least I never saw any there during my 19 years living there. How was the Chileans accent? I met a couple Elders from Chile in the MTC and after only being there 5 weeks they spoke really really good english. hahaha I had a good laugh reading what Dad said to mom about her being his best friend next to Toby. There´s nothing like a good Toby, but I think Mom has him beat on being everyone´s best friend.
I still can´t believe Andrew´s home, oh and by the way I read the blog for this week, and you wrote Adam Bangerter not Andrew, just to help you out haha. He was always an awesome example for me in High School, so im sure that now he´s just exploding with spiritual power, and that he´ll be married within the next two months haha.
As for this week, it was not a normal one. On Tuesday and Wednesday we had capacitations with the President and his wife. We started both days at 9:00 am in the Stake Center and ended at 6:00pm. Instead of conferences every 6 weeks he wants to have more personal training, and so that was the purpose of these meetings. We read scriptures, watched a DVD that they use in the MTC called teh District 2, which has footage of Elders teaching, and showing how it should be done, and we did practices on how to teach effectively. It was really cool and i learned a lot. Basically we´re really focusing on asking inspired questions that make the people think, listening attentively to their answers, and then teach according to what the spirit indicates, always testifying. This really helped me cuz I´m a talker haha. I feel that I need to explain every doctrine and detail, but that just complicates things and instead of focusing on bringing the spirit I've been too worried about how I´M teaching. We also had two days straight of XL pizzas with Cake and soda, which is never a bad thing, especially after not eating pizza for months!! It was fun and helped me a lot.
With those meetings it affected our week seeing we didn´t have as much time to work, so we didn´t have too great of a week finding people, but we did have success. We found two familes that were taught by the missionaries before. One has been sharing with the missionaries for about a year, but aren´t married and are working on it. But the dad, named Christian, really likes the church and the doctrine of eternal families. The first time we talked with them they told us all the things they´d learned with the Elders and showed us all the little things the missionaries had left them before. They both even have and wear CTR rings from Utah. He´s way cool and funny, but it´s kinda hard to teach them cuz the missionaries before were really good ¨friends¨ so we spent some part of getting to know them while listening to Coldplay, which is one of my favorite bands so that was kinda cool haha, and talking about all the things the elders did before, but we´re going to have to work hard to help this family feel the spirit and understand how serious these things are. On Saturday we were doing contacts and we found a young woman who had shared with the missionaries over a year ago and almost was baptized, but instead chose to be baptized in the Baptist church.....blah. She´s had a hard life and I´m wondering if her brain has been kinda fried from the use of drugs and alcohol cuz she had a hard time understanding why our message is important and why we´re the true church. She just believes that anything about God and Jesus Christ is good and will save us. She has a lot of tattoos and her husband is a bum and doesn´t do anything for his family, which consists of three beautiful little girls that were so cute. We walked in and her 4 year old daughter ran and grabbed some bread, put butter on it, and gave it to us. It was touching cuz this is a home that is struggling to put food on the table. In fact she asked us if it were possible if we could somehow find some milk and diapers for her baby girl, cuz they can´t afford it. We´re going to go back Wednesday with a member and do some service there too cuz the roof right over the little girls room leaks when it rains, so we´re going to go fix that. Anyways we only shared one time with her and then invited her to church, not expecting her to show up cuz nobody comes the next day after an invitation, but on Sunday she showed up with her daughter! So we have something going for us here, we just have to keep working hard and being obedient so we have the spirit.
I wanted to tell you guys that i´m really proud of the things you´re all doing, it´s really cool how much you´re working in the ward with YW, and YM, and being so good with your scripture study and family nights. That´s a way cool idea that you´re all doing with putting the scriptures that you like in the kitchen for the week. You´ll all be blessed with the spirit, and honestly i feel so blessed to be part of such a dedicated and happy and obedient family. I know that we´re going to be an Eternal Family and that makes me soooooo happy. After seeing how destroyed and sad some families are here because of sinful living, I am so appreciative of you guys. Thanks for who you all are, and keep it up.
Thanks for all the info, pics, stories, and EVERYTHING!! You guys are awesome! I´ll talk to you all next week and let you know where i´m going next haha i already have almost all my suitcases packed, so if I dont get transferred that´ll be a bummer haha
Love you all
Tanner
Sunday, September 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment