Sounds like you guys had a fun week. You never told me if McKay got asked to the dance or not, that would be fun to hear about. I hope you do well in Cali Amous, I know you will cuz the whole fam will be praying for you. As I wrote in that last email, I want to wish mom and dad a very happy happy anniversary, and I already wrote Jeff, but happy birthday again!!! Should be a fun week for everyone. I finally got a few pics of my area so ill be sending those with this email as well. By the way the spacebar on this keyboard is really messed up, so there’s going to be some weird spacing in this email haha.
This week was full of blessings with those that we are teaching, but we had lot of trials trying to find new investigators. I feel that we’re just being tested, and I know that if we’ll just work like we should and do what our president asks of us, we’ll be blessed with all that the Lord wants to give us. I don’t know if I already wrote about this family, but there’s a great recent convert family named the Oportus. Elder Pitcher found them while he was in my sector, but they weren’t baptized until recently. Anyways, they love love love the gospel, and their relatives have been really impressed and intrigued by the changes that this family has made. We’re currently teaching Sister Oportu´s father, José, who has attended church the two Sunday’s that I’ve been here and is so pumped to be baptized. He always tells us that he’s not even tempted to sin anymore haha, being 72,and that he feels he just needs a baptism and endure to the end to be reunited with his wife again. He’s a great guy that has attended the Evangelical church all his life and knows so much doctrine, that surprisingly is all what we believe as well. I’ve decided that based on doctrine if I wasn’t Mormon, I’d probably attend his church haha. Anyways he’s awesome. We’re also teaching sister Oportu´s sister’s family. Her sister’s name is Monica, and she also loves the changes and happiness that have come into the life of her sister from following this gospel. Her husband is a little less religious, but he’s also very interested to learn, unfortunately he’s out of town every month for14 days for work, but he took his book of Mormon with him! Monica and her two daughters came to church yesterday and they really enjoyed it. After church we got their whole family together and watched the Testaments. Everyone was in tears by the end of the movie and said they all believed that Christ came to the Americas, and that they felt the spirit very strong in that movie. All in all it was a great Sunday, and ending the night with cake and ice cream didn’t hurt either. We could be having a baptism this Sunday with José, he has a date for the 6th of February, but there’s nothing in his way of doing it on the 30th, so we’re going to see what happens when we talk to him about it tonight! I’m really loving my sector, the elders here are great and we all get along really well. My comp is really funny, and is a great teacher, I just gotta teach him to close the door when he uses the bathroom and then everything will be okay haha, he says he just wants to be free....
Today we all went to the beach, and got our feet wet, threw the football around, met a random little kid, Ivan, and his dog, Foca (which means seal in English) and have been chillin. If you guys could, pray that this week we’ll be able to find more people to teach, cuz we’re having so much success with those that we have, and I know we could just explode this sector if we can find new people. If you haven’t sent off that birthday package yet, I need a new black church belt...mine broke, I’m getting so old in the mission that all my stuff is wearing out haha.
I love you guys tons and hope you all have a great week! Talk to y´all next week!
Tanner
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment