This week was interesting and taught me a lot about responsibility. We worked really hard all week, and we were really blessed in certain areas and struggled in others (like every week on the mission haha) but all in all we’re happy and excited for the future, and hopefully the near future. We worked really hard on finding new investigators and we were really blessed with several that are awesome, the only problem being that many have either left on vacation, or we just can’t find them again....lame. But we’re going to keep working with them to hopefully get things going for February and beyond. We worked really hard with José Oportu this week, and he’ll be having his interview tomorrow to be baptized on Sunday! Our only worry is that last week his grandson, who’s really evangelical, came for a visit last week and put a bunch of crap in José’s head, and this same grandson is coming to stay again on Wednesday....more lame. But I know that with a lot of prayer and work he’ll be okay. The oportu family is really going to support him and help us in this work. Not many exciting things happened this week to tell the truth, and Sunday was a big let down with zero investigators in church, which hasn’t happened to me since Talca. I’m learning from my awesome comp, elder Isom, to be positive and not to complain haha, cuz I was super bugged on Sunday. But we’re just going to keep working hard, and make sure that our investigators come next week, and hopefully we’ll have around 5,which is our goal. I’m really enjoying my time here in Frutillares, and it’s really cool, cuz Elder Pitcher was here exactly a year ago, so it’s been fun to get to know people who knew him, and work with his converts and see blessings come from it. The work is a never-ending cycle, and AF is taking over Frutillares!! I love you all and hope you have a great week, p.s. good job Amy in Cali, I bet that was really fun. Sorry my email is shorter this week, but like I said nothing really exciting happened. Well I remembered something just barely. Last Sunday we went to the hospital to give one of Pitcher´s converts a blessing, she had some infection in her leg, and it was really painful. In the blessing I promised her that she would heal that week, and be able attend church on Sunday. She was released on Saturday and Sunday was in church! The priesthood is real, and this is God’s work. Like it says in Mormon 9, and signs will follow those that believe...they will speak with new tongues...they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will be healed.
Cool stuff.
Love you all
Tanner
No comments:
Post a Comment