Monday, May 23, 2011

I finally have a companion!!!
His name is Elder Weston, he´s from Los Angeles California, and he played football for BYU before the mission, so we´re getting along just fine. He started his mission in Talca, and has 8 months including the MTC. His Spanish is really really good, and he teaches really well also. I was worried that I was going to end my time on the mission with a really weird companion haha and I got Elder Weston so I was right, no just kiddin he´s a way sick kid. We work really well together and we help each other stay focused on what´s important and we just worked hard this week, but it´s also been really awesome to have someone to talk BYU football with, and he knows a lot of the players so it´s cool to find out stuff about people. We found several way good investigators this week and found another family. First off we found a girl named Naiza. She´s an 11-year-old girl whose entire family is inactive, lame, but she´s way cool and really wanted to go to church and is excited to prepare for baptism. The only bad part is that she has no type of example from her family. They are happy that we come over to teach her, but they won´t pray, come to church, nothing, so we´re pretty bugged with them. Luckily she has family members that live really close by who are also members. They brought her to church on Sunday, and she really liked it. She went to primary with her cousin, and they both had a good time. She´s really really smart, and has already read to chapter 13 in the Book of Mormon. She´s getting prepared to be baptized on the 12th of June.
We have another kid named Javier. We met him about a month ago. I was with Elder Roberts and we were stuck in a cow field (long story) and he helped us get through a bob wire fence and cross through a bunch of thorn bushes. He then took us to his house and we talked and he gave us food. He´s a 16-year-old kid that´s really quiet, but he´s way nice. His family is kind of lame and don´t want anything to do with us, but Javier accepted a baptismal date for the 12th also and also came to church on Sunday. he hit it off pretty well with the other young men in the ward, and is going to come to an activity on Saturday that we planned to play soccer.
One other guy that we were finally able to teach after three weeks of trying, is named Ricardo. He had attended church 3 times in a row without us being able to get to his house and teach him. One of his friends invited him to church and he came cuz he was curious. He really really liked it and hadn´t missed a week since. He couldn´t come yesterday because of work, but he´s already talked to his boss so that he doesn´t have to work on Sundays again. He is amazing, and understands everything. Apparently during those 3 weeks that we couldn´t teach him, he had been asking his friend a ton of questions and he had already been reading the Book of Mormon. We went over on Saturday and he pretty much taught us about the Restoration. We just sat there dumbfounded, but happy. He´s preparing to be baptized on the 5th of June. soooo the work´s going really really well, and we´re excited cuz we have so much time to work here together. I know that we´re going to tear it up.
As a zone we only had 1 baptism on Sunday, but we´re still goin to get our goal of twenty cuz right now we have 19, and we have two good possibilities for baptisms this week. It really has been a month of miracles and I´ve loved being a part of it. We´re going to keep working hard and helping the zone so that in June and in the future we continue to have success. I don´t think that we´ll do as well in June, but we should still get quite a few baptisms. I am LOVING the mission and couldn´t be happier right now. Chillán is beautiful, the ward is the best that I’ve been in, my comp is freaking tight, and we´re baptizing like crazy. How could I not be happy. I was also soooo pumped to hear that Justin sent in his papers. He didn´t write me anything, so I hurried and wrote him something quick to confirm if it was true. I love this gospel, it´s the best thing that could have happened to our family. This world is soo messed up and confused and it´s so nice to know all that we know from having the restored gospel. I love all you guys; we have the best family in the world, and the best friends in the world. The church is true and it´s awesome!
Love you all
Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment