That was an awesome family night thing you guys did, and that´s way cool that you invite the members over to eat, I don´t remember us doing that kind of stuff when I was home...I guess all the charity that i have is just rubbing off on you guys hahah jk. You guys are awesome. p.s. I don´t understand what that alien cat is doing in our house, do Toby and the CAT get along? It’ll be fun getting to know that new pet, aaaand the new puppy you promised me if Nestle or Toby died, gotta keep that promises and I get to name the new dog!!
Elder Conley´s doing good. His heart still is bugging him a lot, but he´s got a great attitude and is always happy, we get along great. Scarily we are very much alike and so crazy conversations happen....it is not pretty haha. For some reason we both have gotten in the habit, and we can´t stop, of talking with German accents everywhere we go, and now Elder Conley speaks Spanish with one, everyone looks at us weird, but we´re just keeping ourselves from going insane.
We´re still struggling BIG TIME finding new investigators. I´ve never had this problem and it has me soooo confused at what´s going on. I´m used to people just seein these beautiful gringos at their doors and rolling out the red carpet for us to go into their home, but apparently Tomé is all out of red carpets haha. We´ve gone about three or 4 weeks without finding anybody really promising, but we´re working hard and luckily I have Conley who helps me stay up, and I help him when he´s down, so we´ve got a good thing going. We´re making a big big effort on being perfectly obedient and fixing the little things, so that God will bless us with miracles. A sector that is in my District, Elder Wall and Elder Fullmer, are seeing huge things happen in Dichato. This was one of the cities most devastated by the earthquake and tsunami that arrived afterward. For months and months they had nothing happening and the branch was really struggling. They made big strides to just invite everyone to baptism and be obedient and their seeing the results. They had two baptisms and confirmations yesterday, and had 9 people in church and are finding new people like crazy. We´re pumped for them, but now we´re just scratching our heads at how we can also get that to happen in our sectors. All my mission I´ve had success, and felt I was doing it well, but Tomé is a different story. This experience is going to make us grow and stretch and have to receive revelation like crazy, so that´s what we´re trying to do. I wanted to tell a funny experience before I forget. The other day we were walking and having nobody let us in. We were next to a forest and Elder Conley says to me lets go into that forest and have a Joseph Smith experience and pray to God to have success. I´m thinking this guy is crazy, but I was soo tired and desperate, so I agreed and we went. He prayed and we both felt good during the prayer, but still had no ideas come to our head. I turn to him and ask his opinion on what it meant when we were taught that having the priesthood gave us the keys to the ministering of angels. He looked at me and said, Christenson pray that God will send an angel to tell us what to do. I had no idea how one even did such a thing, if you put your hand to the square, or if we should make an altar and give burnt offerings, I had no idea haha. So I said a prayer and asked for an angel and we both hear a loud crunch in front of us where there were a bunch of fallen leaves. We were both too scared to open our eyes, but when we did (fully expecting someone to be standing there) we saw that a branch had fallen off a tree and scared the crap out of us haha. Anyways long story short no angel came, so we walked out of the forest and continued on our way. A brother in the stake presidency spoke yesterday in church and told us a story that when he was a deacon he and his friend went to a forest and prayed that God would send them an Angel to answer their question about if the church was true. I looked at Conley with big eyes after hearing that and I began to pay a lot of attention. He shared a scripture that is in D&C 68:4 That says that we receive revelation by the spirit through the scriptures, prayer, leaders, and following the words of the prophets in these days and in ancient times. that was pretty cool i thought. He also read a scripture in D&C 64 which says,
31And behold, I, the Lord, declare unto you, and my awords are sure and shall not bfail, that they shall obtain it.
32But all things must come to pass in their time.
33Wherefore, be not aweary in bwell-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of csmall things proceedeth that which is great.
That second part was really awesome for me, cuz I remember a time in Molina when I was with Elder Lopez and we were struggling bad too. He was sick that day, so we stayed home and I used all the day studying and praying and writing in my journal and just thinking. There was a moment during that day when I felt really homesick and sick of all the opposition, when I heard in my head those exact words that I highlighted and bolded. I know that God is mindful of us during our trials, and that we just need to be diligent and constant in doing what´s right, and in the end God will pour down blessings from heaven, like those that Elder Balkman and I received and that they´re still receiving out in Molina, they´re doing awesome by the way.
We did have Isaías in church again and he liked it. He came to all three meetings and participated and asked questions. His family loves us coming over, but somehow we have to get them to get commited to following the Gospel. We´re going to try to help Isaías feel the confidence to be able to accept a baptismal date, cuz he´s so close. We invited their whole family to General Conference this week, which I’m so pumped to see, and they said that they´d come! We have high hopes for them.
We´re passing through a lot of trials here, but luckily God has blessed me with great people around me that really support me and allow me to help them as well. Pray that the hearts of the people here will be softened and that God will pour out His spirit on them, so they may recognize us as His servants.
I love you all tooooons and can´t wait to hear your thoughts on what the Prophets tell us this week. Send more pics I love them haha sorry I don´t have any to send today :(
love
tanner
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment