Monday, July 19, 2010

First off a big WOOOOOHOOOOOO for finding the Nestle!!! Oh what great joy I felt at reading those words. That’s really funny that he just walked into that lady’s house haha, the old man’s living on the edge and took a road trip to Highland! Now cuidenles mucho!!!! Don’t let them get out again please :) p.s. I want a picture of Nestle next week as proof that he’s back home ;)

I forgot to answer one of dad’s questions. Yes the crepes were good, no they weren’t as good as yours, I expect that to be my first breakfast when I get back, deal? Yeah the families and members here really are super nice and love us, sometimes too much haha. It’s hard when it’s a freezing 0 degrees and every family offers you hot chocolate and warm bread, I’m having to train myself to say no so we don’t lose too much time. Also my fear is when our investigators and converts get too used to us being there and attached, that when we get transferred they’ll get bummed out. I just try and help them to gain that personal testimony and have the members get to know them, but sometimes it’s hard. My biggest pet peeve is talking to someone and having them tell me ¨oh yeah I was baptized in your church once.¨ aaaahhhh so many people just get baptized for the missionaries, or they think it’s just something good, but when the Bishop or members ask them to fulfill a calling or pay tithing they bail...lame.

We had interviews this week with President Humphrey. He’s a cool guy. When he saw on my personal information that I’m a BYU fan and went there for a semester, we talked for like 5 minutes about the 2006 BYU vs. Utah game that he said he attended. Cool guy. He said that we’ll have another conference in August and then start the 12 week conference schedule, so I might be able to get that package at that time, if not some other time:) He told me to be prepared cuz I’ll be moved up to Senior comp soon, maybe not this next transfer, but by September for sure. I need to keep working on my Spanish. I’ve never really had to study very much and it’s always just been easy for me, but for some reason lately I feel like it’s getting worse. I’ll just have to keep working on it, and pray again that i can keep the gift of tongues.

We’ve found some really good investigators recently. I think I already told you about that family that we found the other day whose mom is an inactive member with two teenage kids. Anyways they all really like what we teach, and the Mom, Johanna, and her daughter, Danitza, came to church. Her other son, Sebastian, couldn’t come cuz he was at his uncle’s house, but we talked with him today (I’ll tell more on that later) Also Camilo was confirmed in church. It was a cool experience as always, and he’s excited about joining the church. His little sister Carolina has been wanting to come to church for a while now, but her parents haven’t let her as she already left the Adventist Church for the Catholic. They tell her you can’t change religions every two seconds just cuz you want to. Anyways she convinced her parents to let her attend, and she came on Sunday. Her and Camilo were there before us, so it was a surprise when we walked in the chapel and saw her there. All in all a pretty good week, nothing spectacular, but we got some good things done.

Today at 12:00pm we invited Sebastian and his friends to church to come play soccer, Camilo and some kids in the ward came too. I told dad that I learned a lesson today: Don’t play soccer against Latinos haha. I felt so stupid as I am not good at soccer. Also Sebastian´s friends weren’t the best kids and swore a lot while playing, and they use a lot of slang so I couldn’t understand what they were saying half the time. Anyways I’ve decided that we probably won’t play again. We’re probably going to talk to Sebastian as well about his friends. He’s a different kid when we teach him and his family, but when he’s with his friends he acts different, typical teenage kid. Anyways we’ll have to work with him to get him in line.

Thank you so much for the emails, they really mean so much to me to read what you’re all doing every day, makes me feel like I’m not so separated from everything. Love you all tons and I look forward to hearing from you next week!

Love you tons

Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment