Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Geeeez your lives sounds way too complicated. I do the same thing everyday; so hearing about all the things you’re all doing it sounds like way too much. Somehow you manage and I’m proud of you all - keep it up!!!

I found out this morning that I’ll be here in Molina for another transfer, or until my year mark!! This transfer will last until September 7th or something like that. Me and Elder Lopez both are staying here. I’m fine with it cuz we have some good families that I honestly think would not progress as well if I left right now. We have a lot of work to do with them and they have so much confidence in me that it honestly would’ve been bad had I been transferred this time. I will be transferred for sure this September though, and I hope I can go down closer to Concepcion to get to know that part of the mission. I know we’re not here to be tourists, but being on the farthest outskirts of the mission away from everyone else kind of stinks. First off packages take longer to get here, and I’ve been in basically the same area for my whole mission, Molina is only an hour from Talca.

This week was a pretty good one, we didn’t accomplish a lot of things number wise, but in the mission numbers really aren’t that important. They’re important, but at the same time they’re not. The things we did accomplish were good things though. Honestly I’m learning a lot about what really is our purpose as missionaries. Through bad experiences and talking with our investigators (Vicki) pressuring people into being baptized is NOT OKAY! Our District Leader needs to learn that soon cuz they’re struggling and losing a lot of investigators due to a lack of love shown by him. Vicki wanted to have a personal talk with me about her kids the other night. She told me that Nicolas, Camilo´s brother, wants to be baptized, but that he doesn’t like when people pressure him. I totally agreed with her, cuz lately there’s been a definite lack of the spirit in our lessons with them. He’s attended church twice so I think we just got over excited about telling him he needs to be baptized soon. The fact is that he doesn’t have a strong testimony, even though he has the desire, and I don’t want him to just be a number that stops going to church when I leave. I feel that Camilo felt he had to be baptized because he had promised to do it on a certain date, and I felt bad for that when I was talking with his mom. We’re really going to work on having patience and have been helping our investigators gain a testimony and helping them with THEIR personal problems instead of just teaching them the lessons we had prepared that morning. The mission is definitely a great teacher. When I think I have things figured out, it slaps me in the face and humbles me again and I have to work on getting better haha I guess that’s just how life is.

Like I wrote to dad we have this family that we found a few weeks ago that is really great, but have sooooo many problems. The mom Johanna is a less active member with her non-member boyfriend Ramon, and their kids Sebastian and Danitza. Honestly this family was so lost in alcohol, drugs, fighting, and just a sinful life that they were begging for help when we found them. The first few lessons we taught them were just awesome, and gave them a lot of hope and excitement to progress and try the things we’ve taught them, but the last two times we’ve passed by have been horrible. They’ve both ended in yelling and tears, and it’s just been a mess. Honestly it’s the saddest family I’ve ever seen, and makes me sooooo grateful for the life I have and the family I have back home. The Gospel is the only way to make sure that our families are safe and happy. Anyways yesterday we went to their house and had a family night. Johanna shared a scripture that she had read (she has the most desire to change and is making a lot of progress) and the spirit was strong. Afterward we played a game and we had a lot of fun laughing together. We then ate a chocolate cake that Elder Lopez and I had bought. All in all it was a really great night, and showed them that there is another way to live, and that you can have fun doing healthy and good things together as a family.

With being told that I’m going to be Junior companion for another transfer, I’ve made a lot of goals to better myself in every aspect. I’m going to schedule my day a lot better, so that I can get all the things done that I want: wake up at 7:00am do my workouts, shower, study scripture AND Spanish (which I haven’t done for a while and I need to better it before I’m senior comp) and leave the house right at 11:00am. Life is sooo much better when you organize it and live your plan. So that’s the plan haha. Please pray for Vicki, Carolina, Camilo, and Nicolas that they can continue to progress and that we can know how to help them in their progression. And also pray for Johanna, Ramon, Sebastian, and Dantiza that they can get through their trials and embrace the lifestyle that is the Gospel, they need it soooo bad. And pray for me that I can wake up on time and organize all my stuff so I can get buff and speak perfect Spanish haha. I love you all and hope you all have a great week (take it a little more easy, summer shouldn’t be so hectic!)

Love you all tons!

Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment