I just sent you all a bunch of pics, demaciado!!!!, to make up for the last few weeks without any. My District Leader let me borrow his camera to take pics of the baptism yesterday, so that is how i was able to send them today. I hope you get all of them and that they’re in order with my descriptions of them cuz I took about an hour just to size them and send them all off!!
I was very very sad to hear about Nestle, what’s that dog thinking running away from home. I suspect that he was kidnapped by another family (remember when those kids kidnapped Nestle and Toby) I hope he’ll turn up soon but by the sound of things he’s been gone about a week....I don’t think he’s coming back. You’ll just have to wait til I get back and then buy a puppy like you promised me! (mom)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MCKAY!!!!! Dude that’s really weird to me that you’re 17, like really weird, cuz it doesn’t seem that long ago when I turned 17, but I’m 20 and we’re all getting soooo old!
This week was a really good one. As you can tell from the pics Camilo was finally baptized!!! It was awesome cuz we’re really good buddies, so it was really special to be able to baptize him. My only worry now is what happens when I leave. I sure hope the members can help him stay firm in the faith. After the baptism we went over to his house and ate lunch and watched the final of the World Cup. Spain won and it was kind of a boring game. After the game there was an eclipse here that was pretty cool to see, we looked through special glass to see it so we wouldn’t burn our eyes out haha.
We’re going to keep working with his family, especially his mom cuz she’s been reading the Book of Mormon and putting a little more effort in than the others (although she’s still being a bum and won’t come to church, so stubborn.) She’s a freaking crazy reader. She started the book last week and last we checked she was reading in Jarom. In one week she read 1 and 2 Nephi, Jacob, and Enos. We’re going to verify if she’s prayed about it cuz if she does I’m sure she’ll get an answer. She’s already told us how much stuff she’s learned from the book and that she feels a different spirit in her home since we’ve been teaching them, but she still is stubborn and doesn’t recognize that the spirit is telling her that we have the truth!
We also had a lot more success in finding new people to teach. As I said in my last email we had only 6 new people in two weeks. Well with patience and diligence the Lord saw fit to bless us this week. We found 10 new people to teach this week, and a lot of them are really good, now we just need to get them to church! I honestly feel that this transfer was meant to teach me how to love, have patience, work hard, be more obedient, and search for the spirit. Cuz I’ve learned all of these things. With Elder Lopez I’ve taken to studying the scriptures a ton, fasting and praying for the spirit, and I’ve been changing a few things that have really made a difference and it’s been cool to see and feel that difference. p.s. tell dad and Jeff to update me on any important BYU info cuz once again I’ve repented and made the goal to not read any BYU stuff online. Honestly it is sooooo hard not to do it. You all know me, but like the Savior said ¨I sanctify myself so that they may be sanctified. ¨ likewise if I expect the people I teach to make changes and repent, I must do the same so that through me they can feel the spirit. The spirit is the driving and motivating force that causes us to repent and change. If one feels that they need to change it is because the spirit is telling them to do it, and it gives us the motivation to do it. I can’t really think of anything else to write, I thank you all again for your love, emails, pics, I love all of it. You’re awesome!!!! Keep up the good work with everything you’re doing and thank you for your prayers for me and all those that are here with me. I look forward to hearing from you next week!!
Love you
Tanner
No comments:
Post a Comment