
This week has been really great! Easily the hottest by far haha I say that every week, but it’s steadily getting hotter. One day it was 104 degrees! Thats pretty hot for tracting all day, but the members take care of us with gallons and gallons of juice! Anyways we’ve had a lot of success, and only a few setbacks. First off we found out when we taught the law of chastity to Eva and her family that Eva and Juan Pablo aren’t really married (fetchin people!) but their daughter Patricia passed her interview and is going to be baptized this Sunday! Their other daughter Maria has a date for the 14th of February, cuz she was with her Aunt for a week and missed Church. So good things happening there. Escarlet passed her interview as well and her family is very excited for her baptism....THIS SUNDAY!!! Another one yeaaahhh! Victor (alzheimers man) finally realized that the Catholic and Mormon churches aren’t the same hahaa and said he’s been Catholic for 76 years, but it’s time for a change GO MORMONS!!! We’re going to have his interview this week, and he possibly will be baptized this Sunday!! Daniela has received all the lessons, and has met the requirements of church attendance. She has a date for the 7th of Feb, but we’re going to ask her this Tuesday if she’d be willing and feels ready to do it this Sunday, and we’re going to do her interview as well, so possibly she’ll be baptized this Sunday! All of that means that there’s a good chance we’ll have 4 baptisms this Sunday (PRAY! PRAY! PRAY! AND PRAY SOME MORE DANG-IT!) Elder Jorgenson and Mayberry have two for sure this Sunday and possibly another one, (a little kid who needs permission from his unsupportive and abusive mother). The 31st of January holds many possibilities, we may have 7 baptisms this day! Crazy crazy crazy, and I’m finally feeling that all this work is worth it and am excited to keep at it. whooooo sorry this email is so long haha. Anyways other things that happened this week, we had interviews with the President, don’t worry he found me worthy to continue working here, and afterward Elder Viana and I went on splits with the Assistants to the President for an hour. It was a great help cuz they did contacts with us and I suck at doing contacts. I love to teach people that we know and I’m really good at that, but my contacts sucked so they really helped us out there! We just invite everyone we meet to be baptized in the contact. Elder Riddell (the assistant that I went with) helped me understand that there’s an order to teach. We call it the porque? como? y cuando? first we teach 1. why we need to be baptized (for our sins) 2. How it needs to be done (how Christ did it, not like the freakin Catholics) 3. and when they should do it (we place a date with them in the contact). and then afterward, by asking them questions, we have them repeat all three of those things we taught them. It’s really funny cuz almost everyone we talk to is Catholic and doesn’t know why they baptize babies. Basically the way we do the contact forces them to realize that this is the only way a baptism can be done, and that their baptisms weren’t valid, haha it’s so fun and cool to do.
Anyways I hope that wasn’t really confusing, cuz it made sense to me, but that’s about all going on here! Thanks for your love and emails and I should be getting that package next week! Way excited!
Love you ALL TONS!!!
Tanner
p.s. that’d be really cool to do that letter for Escarlet, Famous Amous, have Jardin help ya out and send that here, I think they’d love that!
p.s.s. I forgot to write that we topped our all time highest with (drumroll) 6 people in church Sunday That only includes people who are eligible to receive baptisms, but in total 10 people that we are teaching came (inactive people and their little kids under 8 years old) so needless to say Sunday was a goooood day! haha love you all and I’ll talk to ya later!
Tanner
p.s.s.s. The picture above is a funny comic strip that an Elder made about the different ways people see the Elders walking in the Street (it´s a little small so double click on the picture to see it)
Basically it says 1. How the Elders see themselves (normal) 2. How our parents see us.(angels) 3. How the drunks in the street see us (targets) 4. how the Members see us (skinny, starving, and tired) 5. how other churches see us (devils) haha
That is so great about all the potential baptisms and the great church attendance. We always pray for you to be successful but we will continue to pray for that and for your investigators. I loved all the pics in the slide show. You are looking trim little bro! And that food you eat there looks so yummy (it's lunchtime and I need to eat). We love you so much! We are also of course very proud of our missionary.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Chelsi